Apricot Hazelnut Cake Roll
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon apple pie spice
15 1/4 ounce can unpeeled apricot halves (in syrup)
tablespoons granulated sugar
cup granulated sugar
cup finely chopped hazelnuts or pecans
3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
cup butter (no substitutes), softened
cup sifted powdered sugar
Fresh apricot quarters (optional)
Rosemary sprig (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Grease and flour a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Set aside. Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and apple pie spice; set aside.
- Drain apricots, reserving 1/3 cup of the syrup. Finely chop the apricots. Reserve 1/2 cup of the chopped apricots for the filling. Combine remaining chopped apricots, reserved apricot syrup, and the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in a small sauepan. Bring apricot mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cook and stir over low heat about 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring and mashing with a spoon. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and apricot mixture. Gently fold flour mixture into egg mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Turn cake out onto a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Starting at a short side, roll up cake and towel together; cool.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Beat mixture with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar. Stir in the reserved 1/2 cup chopped apricots.
- Unroll cake and spread with cream cheese mixture. Reroll without towel; cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Transfer cake roll to cake server. If desired, garnish with fresh apricot wedges and rosemary sprig. Makes 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Apricot Hazelnut Cake Roll)
- Per serving:
- 354 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 96 mg chol.,
- 279 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet