- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup sifted cake flour or sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup refrigerated reduced-cholesterol whole egg product or 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sifted powdered sugar
- 1 quart strawberry frozen yogurt or ice milk, softened
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- Strawberries (optional)
- Orange peel strips (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
1. Line a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper; set pan aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine flour and baking powder; set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl beat granulated sugar, whole egg product or eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or until slightly thick and lemon-colored. Add water and beat on low speed. Sprinkle flour mixture over egg mixture; fold in gently until just combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared jelly-roll pan. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until top is golden and springs back when lightly touched.
4. Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan and turn cake out onto a towel sprinkled with the 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Roll up towel and cake, jelly-roll style, starting from one of the cakes short sides. Cool on a wire rack. Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cake with frozen yogurt or ice milk to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up cake. Wrap and freeze at least 4 hours. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar before serving, if desired. Garnish with strawberries, orange peel strips, and mint, if desired. Makes 10 servings.
- Be aware that this cake will not work with a refrigerated egg product made with egg whites.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 236,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 43,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 106,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet