Cajun Chicken with Red Beans
cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks)
cup bite-size green sweet pepper strips (1 medium)
cup chopped onion (1 small)
teaspoons bottled minced garlic
tablespoon canola oil
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds total)
teaspoons Cajun seasoning
Nonstick cooking spray
15 ounce can red beans, rinsed and drained
8 ounce can tomato sauce
cup frozen cut okra
Fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- In a large skillet cook celery, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning. Lightly coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray; place in hot pan. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
- Stir beans, tomato sauce, okra, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning into vegetable mixture. Cook about 8 minutes or until okra is tender and mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Divide bean mixture among serving plates. Top with chicken. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts(Cajun Chicken with Red Beans)
- Per serving:
- 228 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 47 mg chol.,
- 603 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet