Cajeta Quesadillas with Fruit Salsa
cups coarsely chopped fresh pineapple
cup fresh blackberries
tablespoons agave nectar or honey
teaspoons fresh lime juice
8 inches flour tortillas
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
cup cajeta or dulce de leche
large banana, sliced
cup whipping cream
Cajeta or dulce de leche
- For fruit salsa, in a medium bowl combine pineapple, blackberries, agave nectar, lime juice, and salt; set aside.
- For the quesadillas, lightly brush one side of each tortilla with the butter. Place the tortillas, butter side down, on cutting board or waxed paper. Spread 2 tablespoons cajeta or dulce de leche over half of each tortilla. Top with banana slices. Fold over tortilla and gently press down.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Cook quesadillas, two at a time, over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until light brown, turning once. Transfer to cutting board and cut into wedges.
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. To serve, place quesadilla wedges on a serving plate. Top with whipped cream and fruit salsa. Drizzle with additional cajeta or dulce de leche..
Nutrition Facts(Cajeta Quesadillas with Fruit Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 532 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 68 mg chol.,
- 558 mg sodium,
- 76 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 41 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet