Butternut Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with softened butter. Prepare Bourbon Caramel Sauce; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a 4-cup liquid measuring cup combine the half-and-half, eggs, and vanilla; whisk to combine. Whisk in 3/4 cup of the Bourbon Caramel Sauce. Set aside. In a large bowl toss squash with brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the whole wheat bread, pear, and cranberries; toss to combine. Place in prepared dish. Slowly and evenly pour egg mixture over top. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bake bread pudding 1 hour. Remove from the oven let cool 10 minutes. Top with fresh pear, mint and cranberries. Reheat remaining sauce. Drizzle some sauce over bread pudding and pass remaining.
Salted Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- In a heavy medium saucepan combine brown sugar, whipping cream, butter, and corn syrup. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to medium. Boil gently for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in bourbon, vanilla and salt.
Nutrition Facts (Butternut Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 467 kcal cal.,
- 25 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 136 mg chol.,
- 367 mg sodium,
- 57 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 38 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet