Butter Lettuce and Spring Pea Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Fill a medium saucepan with water. Bring to boiling over high heat. Add peas; cook for 1 minute, stirring once. Immediately drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water. Drain peas again and set aside.
- For mustard vinaigrette, in a medium bowl combine dillweed, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Slowly add the oil in a thin stream, whisking until fully blended. Add peas to vinaigrette; toss to coat.
- Slice endive in half lengthwise and remove core. Slice endive lengthwise into thin strips. Add endive to pea mixture; lightly toss to mix.
- Arrange lettuce on a platter; top with pea mixture. Sprinkle with additional pepper. If desired, top with nuts and chive blossom florets.
From the Test Kitchen
Break the chive blossom from the stem to get florets.
Nutrition Facts (Butter Lettuce and Spring Pea Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette)
- Per serving:
- 107 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 142 mg sodium,
- 8 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet