Yummy No-Bake Bars
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine granulated sugar and corn syrup; heat and stir just until mixture boils around edges. Heat and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted. Stir in rice cereal and cornflakes until coated. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- For pudding layer, in a medium saucepan, melt the 3/4 cup butter. Stir in powdered sugar, dry vanilla pudding mixes, and milk. Spread pudding mixture over cereal layer; set aside.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate pieces and the 1/2 cup butter; heat and stir over low heat until melted. Spread frosting over pudding layer. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until set. To serve, remove set mixture from pan by lifting foil. Place on a cutting board; cut into bars. Makes 64 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer bars between waxed paper in an airtight storage container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts (Yummy No-Bake Bars)
- Per serving:
- 182 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 10 mg chol.,
- 133 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
How To Video
cneuhaus5 39 Days Ago
Three stars, really tasty, but I made the mistake of trying the VERY similar No-Bake Butterscotch Bars (recipe also on the BHR website) first--those are KILLER! Once you've had the best, it was a tough act to follow! But if you don't care for the taste of Butterfinger bars (what the others taste like) then this recipe is for you! Both are easy to make.
Carmen Ostrander 1022 Days Ago
I took these to quilt retreat, and got rave reviews!