Yummy No-Bake Bars
The combination of peanut butter and chocolate makes this no-bake bar cookie recipe popular with kids and adults. Line the baking pan with foil for easy serving.
- Makes: 64 servings
- Yields: 64 bars
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: 1 hr
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine granulated sugar and corn syrup; heat and stir just until mixture boils around edges. Heat and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted. Stir in rice cereal and cornflakes until coated. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- For pudding layer, in a medium saucepan, melt the 3/4 cup butter. Stir in powdered sugar, dry vanilla pudding mixes, and milk. Spread pudding mixture over cereal layer; set aside.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate pieces and the 1/2 cup butter; heat and stir over low heat until melted. Spread frosting over pudding layer. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until set. To serve, remove set mixture from pan by lifting foil. Place on a cutting board; cut into bars. Makes 64 bars.
Layer bars between waxed paper in an airtight storage container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Per serving:
- 182 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 10 mg chol.,
- 133 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet