Triple-Chocolate and Espresso Brownies
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir butter, bittersweet chocolate, and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with heavy foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in coffee powder and vanilla. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in semisweet chocolate pieces. Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting over cooled brownies. Using edges of foil, lift brownies out of pan. Cut into bars. If desired, sprinkle with chopped coffee beans.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw bars, if frozen. Let refrigerated bars stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a small saucepan, heat and stir semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; let cool. In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
Nutrition Facts(Triple-Chocolate and Espresso Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 250 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 36 mg chol.,
- 93 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 23 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet