- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 18.3 ounce package traditional fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the pan edges. Lightly grease foil. Set pan aside. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Beat in egg yolk and flour; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Follow instructions on package, substituting melted butter for the amount of oil called for. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Spoon cream cheese mixture in small mounds on top of brownie batter. Use a table knife to swirl cream cheese mixture into brownie batter.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set (cream cheese swirl will be lightly browned). Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill until serving time. Using the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into bars. Makes 32 brownies.
- Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.