- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 16 - 18 ounce package refrigerated ready-to-bake triple chocolate cookie dough
- 1 cup tiny marshmallows
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup crushed striped round peppermint candies or candy canes
- 1 teaspoon shortening
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8X8X2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil up over the edges of the pan. Divide cookie dough and place in prepared pan. Using your hand, press dough into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
2. Bake for 18 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with the marshmallows and half of the chocolate pieces. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes more or until marshmallows are puffed, but not browned. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Cool completely.
3. To serve, remove from pan by lifting foil. Place on a cutting board. Using a long, sharp knife,* cut into squares. In a small saucepan, heat and stir the remaining chocolate pieces and the shortening over low heat until melted. Drizzle over brownies. Let stand until chocolate is set. Makes 25 brownies.
- A hot knife will more easily cut through the marshmallows. Between cuts run your knife under hot water and pat with a paper towel to dry.
- Place cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.