- Makes: 16 servings
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Yields: 16 brownies
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cool: 15 mins
- Bake: 30 mins 350°F
ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
teaspoon baking soda
recipe Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until smooth; set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, leaving about 1 inch of the foil extending over the ends of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- Stir the sugar into the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl stir together the flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. If desired, stir in nuts. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. If desired, spread Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting over cooled brownies. Remove brownies from pan, using the overlapping foil to lift brownies. Place on cutting board; cut into brownies.
Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
cup semisweet chocolate pieces
3 ounce package softened cream cheese
cup powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan heat and stir chocolate pieces over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; let cool. In a medium bowl stir together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Stir in melted chocolate until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Fudgy Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 43 mg chol.,
- 90 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBrownies and Bars, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Recipes, Cocktail Recipes, Cookies, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Desserts, Easter Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Party Appetizers, Party Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts