Fudge Ripple Turtle Brownies
- In a medium saucepan heat and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture in saucepan. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans and 1/2 cup of the chocolate pieces. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan stir unwrapped caramels and milk over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate pieces over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate over brownies. Let stand for 2 hours before serving.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into bars just before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover; place cooled brownies in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into bars just before serving.
For a longer make ahead, bake brownies as directed through step 5. Wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Before serving, top thawed brownies as directed in steps 6 and 7. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into bars just before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Fudge Ripple Turtle Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 291 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 39 mg chol.,
- 112 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 22 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet