- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside. Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, espresso powder, coffee liqueur, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in cooled chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until top appears set and dry. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Pour Chocolate Glaze evenly over brownies. Cover and chill about 2 hours until glaze is set.
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Use foil to lift brownies out of pan. Cut into bars. If desired, garnish with chocolate-covered coffee beans. Makes 48 brownies.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover and transport in baking pan. (Or cut into bars and place in a single layer in a shallow container.)
For 24 Brownies:
Prepare using method above, except spread batter in a greased and foil-lined 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan combine semisweet chocolate, butter, and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Espresso Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 144 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 91 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet