Cinnamon-Spice Chocolate Brownies
Nonstick cooking spray
cup granulated sugar
cup cold water
tablespoons canola oil
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper or cayenne pepper
cup miniature bittersweet or semisweet chocolate pieces
tablespoons hot strong coffee (optional)
Powdered sugar and/or cinnamon-sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil up over edges of pan. Lightly coat the foil with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter; remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and water. Whisk in eggs, oil, and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and ancho chile pepper. Stir in chocolate pieces. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan by lifting up on the foil. If desired, brush hot cake with coffee. Cool completely.
- Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or cinnamon-sugar. Makes 16 brownies.
Nutrition Facts(Cinnamon-Spice Chocolate Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 184 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 47 mg chol.,
- 67 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet