Chunky Path Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, the water, and the cocoa powder. Bring mixture just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute more (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over hot brownies. Top with Chocolate Topper or Chocolate-Peanut Topper. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- To serve, remove uncut brownies from pan by lifting foil. Place on cutting board; cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- In a medium saucepan combine semisweet chocolate pieces, whipping cream, and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted.
- In a medium saucepan combine semisweet chocolate pieces, creamy peanut butter, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Sprinkle with chopped dry roasted peanuts.
Nutrition Facts (Chunky Path Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 155 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 84 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet