Chunky Path Brownies
Buttermilk adds tangy tenderness to this brownie recipe while chocolate and marshmallows pave a sweet path.
- Yields: 48 brownies
- Prep: 35 mins
- Bake: 25 mins 350°F
Chunky Path Brownies
teaspoon baking soda
cup buttermilk or sour milk
cups tiny marshmallows
recipe Chocolate Topper or Chocolate-Peanut Topper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, the water, and the cocoa powder. Bring mixture just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute more (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over hot brownies. Top with Chocolate Topper or Chocolate-Peanut Topper. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- To serve, remove uncut brownies from pan by lifting foil. Place on cutting board; cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
cup semisweet chocolate pieces
cup creamy peanut butter
cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- In a medium saucepan combine semisweet chocolate pieces, creamy peanut butter, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Sprinkle with chopped dry roasted peanuts.
12 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces
cup whipping cream
- In a medium saucepan combine semisweet chocolate pieces, whipping cream, and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted.
Nutrition Facts (Chunky Path Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 155 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 25 mg chol.,
- 84 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBrownies and Bars, Candy Recipes, Chocolate Cakes, Chocolate Cookies, Chocolate Desserts, Christmas Cookies, Christmas Recipes, Cookies, Dark Chocolate Desserts, Dessert, Desserts, Easter Recipes, Fourth of July Recipes, Fudge Recipes, Halloween Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Milk Chocolate Desserts, Party Appetizers, Quick and Easy Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, White Chocolate Desserts