- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers (about 18 graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut up
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peanut-butter-flavored pieces
- 1 recipe Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine crushed graham crackers, the 1/4 cup sugar, and the finely chopped peanuts. Stir in the 1/2 cup melted butter. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 11X7X1-1/2-inch baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes; cool.For filling::
2. In a heavy large saucepan, combine the 1/2 cup butter and the chocolate; heat and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Add the 1 cup sugar, the eggs, and vanilla to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in flour and peanut-butter-flavored pieces. Spread evenly over crust.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread with Peanut Butter Frosting. Cut into bars. Place a peanut half on each bar. Makes 20 brownies.
- Let these peanut-butter-and-chocolate bars cool completely before cutting. If you cut them while they are still warm, moisture will escape as steam and the brownies may be dry.
- Bake as directed; do not cut bars. Cover and chill for up to 2 days.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a medium bowl, combine the butter and peanut butter; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in 1 cup powdered sugar and enough milk to make a frosting that spreads easily.