- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 12 ounce packagechocolate-covered caramel candies, such as Rolo Brand, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream or milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla until combined. Beat in cocoa until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
3. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of batter into each paper bake cup. Gently press 1 unwrapped chocolate-covered caramel candy into the center of each muffin cup until top of candy is slightly below the batter.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Centers will fall slightly as cakes cool.
- Place cupcake cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.