Brown Sugar-Hazelnut Spirals
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half. Leave one half plain. Stir chocolate-hazelnut spread and hazelnuts into the remaining half. Divide each portion in half again, making four portions total.
- On a sheet of parchment or waxed paper, roll each portion of dough into an 8x7-inch rectangle. Using the paper, invert one chocolate dough rectangle on top of one plain dough rectangle. Roll dough together into a 10x8-inch rectangle. Peel off top sheet of paper. Starting from a long side, tightly roll up dough into a spiral; seal edge. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 to 2 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Brown Sugar-Hazelnut Spirals)
- Per serving:
- 66 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 51 mg sodium,
- 9 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet