Brown Sugar and Spice Wedges
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
tablespoons caramel-flavor ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Draw two 8-inch circles on the paper. Flip paper over on the cookie sheet; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. If necessary, gently knead dough with your hands until smooth.
- Divide dough in half. On the prepared cookie sheet, pat each half of dough into an 8-inch round, using the drawn circles as guides. If desired, flute dough edges. Using a sharp knife, score each round into 12 wedges (do not separate wedges). Prick each wedge a few times with the tines of a fork. Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the caramel topping onto each round, spreading evenly. Sprinkle each round with 1/4 teaspoon of the remaining salt. While rounds are warm, cut them into wedges. Cool wedges on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer wedges to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer wedges between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts(Brown Sugar and Spice Wedges)
- Per serving:
- 140 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 28 mg chol.,
- 151 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet