Broiled Grapefruit Tart
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the flour mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Gently flatten dough into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin. Ease pastry into a 12-inch pizza pan. Flute edge. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice from both ends of 1 grapefruit. Place a cut end on a cutting board and cut away the peel and the white part of the rind. Turn grapefruit on its side; thinly slice. Cut slices in halves. Place half-slices on paper towels; pat dry. Repeat with the remaining 2 grapefruits.
- Spread marmalade over partially baked crust. Sprinkle with crushed cookies. Arrange grapefruit on crust; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 to 22 minutes or until crust is browned. Remove tart from oven; turn on broiler. Sprinkle tart with the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until top is browned. Let cool on a wire rack
Nutrition Facts (Broiled Grapefruit Tart)
- Per serving:
- 225 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 10 mg chol.,
- 114 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet