- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 3 - 4 pound boneless beef brisket
- 2 mediumonions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 12 ounce canbeer
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 clovegarlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
1. Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. In cooker combine onions and bay leaf; add meat. In a medium bowl combine beer, chili sauce, brown sugar, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Using a slotted spoon transfer meat and onion to a serving platter. Slice meat across the grain; cover and keep warm. Discard bay leaf.
4. For sauce, pour enough of the cooking liquid into a 4-cup glass measuring cup to equal 2 1/2 cups; skim off fat. Discard the remaining cooking liquid. In a medium saucepan combine cornstarch and the cold water; stir in the 2 1/2 cups cooking liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
5. Serve meat and onions with sauce.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 227,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 78,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 8,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 30,
- sodium (mg) 242,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet