- Makes: 5 servings
- Serving Size: 2 latkes
- Yields: 10 latkes
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
medium zucchini (6 ounces) or 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
tablespoons matzo meal
- Place zucchini or carrots in a steamer basket and steam over boiling water until very tender (about 8 minutes for zucchini and about 15 minutes for carrots). Drain; mash with a potato masher.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl; stir in mashed zucchini or carrots, matzo meal, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the vegetable mixture, a rounded tablespoon at a time, spreading each mound into a 2 1/2-inch circle. Cook about 4 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Keep cooked latkes warm in the oven while frying the next batch. Makes 10 latkes, 5 side-dish servings. Nutrition information is given per serving (2 latkes each).
Nutrition Facts (Vegetable Latkes)
- 93 kcal cal.;
- 7 g Fat, total;
- 43 mg chol.;
- 1 g sat. fat;
- 6 g carb.;
- 1 g fiber;
- 3 g pro.;
- 129 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet