- Yields: 1 loaf
- Stand: 10 mins
- Rise: 30 mins to 45 mins
- Bake: 29 mins 425°F 375 degrees F
Tuscan Whole Wheat-Herb Bread
tablespoon olive oil
cups bread flour
teaspoons active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
- Add the ingredients to the machine according to the manufacturers directions. Select the dough cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine. Punch down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into an 8x4-inch oval. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional flour. Cover , let rise until almost double (for 30 to 45 minutes).
- Using a sharp knife, slash top of loaf several times, making each cut about 1/2-inch deep. Place in a 425 degrees oven. For a crisp crust, spray or brush the loaf with cold water every 3 minutes for the first 9 minutes of baking. After 9 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 375; lightly sprinkle bread with additional flour. Bake about 20 minutes more or until bread sounds hollow when you tap top (if necessary, cover loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking). Transfer bread to wire rack; cool completely.
Nutrition Facts (Tuscan Whole Wheat-Herb Bread)
- Per serving:
- 134 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- 269 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet