- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
Sweet Cheese Blintzes
8 ounce carton mascarpone or cottage cheese
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or snipped lemon verbena
teaspoon anise seed, crushed
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoons walnut oil or hazelnut oil
teaspoons granulated sugar
Nonstick cooking spray
cup seedless green grapes, sliced
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl beat together mascarpone cheese, honey, the 1 tablespoon milk, shredded lemon peel or verbena, and anise seed. Cover; set aside.
- For blintzes, stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl beat egg white with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the 3/4 cup milk, egg yolk, walnut or hazelnut oil, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until well combined. Add flour mixture; beat just until mixture is smooth. Fold in beaten egg white (texture should be that of a milk shake).
- Spray a nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. For each blintz, pour about 2 tablespoons batter onto griddle. Quickly spread batter to 4- to 5-inch circle.
- Cook blintz pancake for 20 seconds or until light brown. Gently turn with a spatula; cook second side for 15 seconds. Invert blintz pancake onto a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter to make 10 to 12 blintzes. (You may cook up to 3 or 4 blintzes at a time in a large skillet.) Place a dry paper towel between each layer of blintz pancakes. Cover and keep warm.
- To serve, spoon 1 slightly rounded tablespoon of cheese mixture across pancake just below center. Fold the bottom of pancake over filling. Fold in sides, then roll up. Arrange blintzes, seam-side down, on individual dessert plates. Top with grapes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Cheese Blintzes)
- Per serving:
- 150 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 43 mg chol.,
- 40 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet