- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 8 ounce carton mascarpone or cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or snipped lemon verbena
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil or hazelnut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, sliced
- Powdered sugar
1. For filling, in a small mixing bowl beat together mascarpone cheese, honey, the 1 tablespoon milk, shredded lemon peel or verbena, and anise seed. Cover; set aside.Blintzes::
2. For blintzes, stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl beat egg white with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until soft peaks form.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the 3/4 cup milk, egg yolk, walnut or hazelnut oil, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer until well combined. Add flour mixture; beat just until mixture is smooth. Fold in beaten egg white (texture should be that of a milk shake).
4. Spray a nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. For each blintz, pour about 2 tablespoons batter onto griddle. Quickly spread batter to 4- to 5-inch circle.
5. Cook blintz pancake for 20 seconds or until light brown. Gently turn with a spatula; cook second side for 15 seconds. Invert blintz pancake onto a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter to make 10 to 12 blintzes. (You may cook up to 3 or 4 blintzes at a time in a large skillet.) Place a dry paper towel between each layer of blintz pancakes. Cover and keep warm.
6. To serve, spoon 1 slightly rounded tablespoon of cheese mixture across pancake just below center. Fold the bottom of pancake over filling. Fold in sides, then roll up. Arrange blintzes, seam-side down, on individual dessert plates. Top with grapes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 150,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 43,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 12,
- pro. (g) 6,
- vit. A (RE) 10,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 40,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet