- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 16 ounce loaf frozen wheat bread dough
- 1 16 ounce loaf frozen white bread dough
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sea salt (optional)
1. Thaw dough according to package directions. Grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a small bowl combine raisins, pecans, and cinnamon. Divide wheat dough loaf in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half into a 9x8-inch rectangle; sprinkle evenly with half of the raisin mixture and press into dough. Starting from a long side, roll up rectangle into a rope, pinching edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining wheat dough and the remaining raisin mixture.
2. Divide white dough loaf in half. In a custard cup combine rosemary, black pepper, and red pepper. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half into a 9x8-inch rectangle; sprinkle evenly with half of the pepper mixture. Starting from a long side, roll up rectangle into a rope, pinching edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining white dough and the remaining pepper mixture. In another small bowl whisk together egg and the water. Brush the four ropes with egg mixture. If desired, sprinkle white ropes with sea salt.
3. Twist one wheat and one white rope together to form a loaf, pressing ends together to seal. Repeat with the remaining two ropes. Place each loaf in a prepared loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Prepare as directed in Steps 1 through 3, except after shaping dough and covering loosely, chill in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed in Step 4.
- Servings Per Recipe 24,
- cal. (kcal) 113,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- chol. (mg) 9,
- sat. fat (g) 0,
- carb. (g) 19,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 197,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet