Spiral Breadsticks and Bread Knots
- Unwind dough to form strips. Stretch 6 of the strips to about 8 inches long; tie into knots. Place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Stretch remaining 6 dough strips to 8 to 9 inches long. Grease skewers or chopsticks. Roll one strip around each skewer or chopstick, leaving about 1/4 inch of space between dough twists. Place on the greased baking sheet, tucking ends of dough under to secure.
- Brush all rolls with milk; sprinkle with your choice of seed or seasoning.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm. Makes 12 rolls.
From the Test Kitchen
Cool breadsticks completely and place in a moisture- and vapor proof freezer container. Freeze for up to 2 weeks. To reheat, wrap the frozen knots and breadsticks in foil and place in a 325 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until warm.
Nutrition Facts(Spiral Breadsticks and Bread Knots)
- Per serving:
- 112 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 291 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet