Spicy Salt Twists
- Combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, cardamom, oregano, and ground red pepper. Set aside.
- Gently beat egg whites with water; set aside. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside.
- Unfold the pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Brush them with some of the egg mixture. Sprinkle one-fourth of shredded cheese over each sheet. Fold sheets in half and flatten to 12x6-inch rectangles with a rolling pin. Brush tops with more egg mixture and sprinkle each with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with spice mixture, dividing it equally. Fold and flatten each into a 12x4-inch rectangle; press the edges together to seal. Cut each folded sheet crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Twist ends of each strip in opposite directions several times. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Brush lightly with egg mixture.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes about 32.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Salt Twists)
- Per serving:
- 87 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 141 mg sodium,
- 6 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet