- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup ale
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup applewood smoked bacon or regular bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, toasted
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Nonstick cooking spray or olive oil
1. In a large bowl, stir together water and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat and stir ale, sugar, butter, garlic salt, and mustard just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F) and butter almost melts. Stir ale mixture into yeast mixture until combined. Stir in flour, almonds, cheese, bacon, and caraway seeds (dough will be sticky). Lightly coat a medium bowl with cooking spray; transfer dough to the greased bowl. Lightly coat a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray; cover bowl with the greased plastic wrap and chill overnight.
2. Using a dough scraper or spatula, carefully loosen dough from bowl and turn out onto a floured surface. Cover with the greased plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes.
3. Pat dough into a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 1 hour).
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with additional stone ground mustard. Store in the refrigerator.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 184,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 12,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 24,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 338,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet