Smoked Gouda and Ale Loaf
- In a large bowl, stir together water and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat and stir ale, sugar, butter, garlic salt, and mustard just until warm (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F) and butter almost melts. Stir ale mixture into yeast mixture until combined. Stir in flour, almonds, cheese, bacon, and caraway seeds (dough will be sticky). Lightly coat a medium bowl with cooking spray; transfer dough to the greased bowl. Lightly coat a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray; cover bowl with the greased plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Using a dough scraper or spatula, carefully loosen dough from bowl and turn out onto a floured surface. Cover with the greased plastic wrap and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Pat dough into a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with additional stone ground mustard. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Gouda and Ale Loaf)
- Per serving:
- 184 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 12 mg chol.,
- 338 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet