0 did it
- Makes: 10 servings
- Serving Size: 2 medium pancakes
- Yields: 20 medium pancakes
- Start to Finish: 40 mins
- Peel and finely shred potatoes. Drain in a sieve.
- Meanwhile, in mixing bowl, beat eggs. Stir in flour, salt, baking powder and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, onion, parsley and caraway, if you like.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil over medium heat until hot.
- For each pancake, stir mixture and carefully spoon about a rounded tablespoon into hot oil, leaving about 1 inch between pancakes and pressing to flatten slightly. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side or until brown and crisp; turn and cook other side for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- With a slotted spoon, remove pancakes from oil and drain on paper towels. Makes about 20 medium pancakes (10 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Depending on the variety, the shredded potatoes may darken while you fry the first batch of pancakes. After the potatoes are fried, they look fine.
Nutrition Facts (Potato Pancakes)
- Per serving:
- 113 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 43 mg chol.,
- 142 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet