Herb Dinner Bread
- In a small bowl dissolve yeast in the 1/2 cup warm water; set aside. In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, the 1/4 cup water, the oil, salt, dillweed, thyme, and, if desired, celery seeds, stirring until well mixed. Add the yeast mixture; stir until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until dough is moderately soft, smooth, and elastic (3 to 5 minutes). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease the surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (45 to 60 minutes).
- Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Lightly grease a 1-1/2-quart casserole or a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Shape dough into a round or rectangular loaf. Place round loaf in prepared casserole or place rectangular loaf in prepared loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (30 to 40 minutes). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped on the top. Immediately remove from casserole or pan. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts (Herb Dinner Bread)
- Per serving:
- 105 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 187 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet