- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups Masa Harina tortilla flour
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine tortilla flour and water. Stir mixture together with your hands until dough is firm but moist (if necessary, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time). Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
3. Using a tortilla press or rolling pin, flatten each ball between 2 pieces of waxed paper into a 6-inch circle.
4. Carefully peel off top sheet of waxed paper. Place tortilla, paper side up, on a medium-hot, ungreased skillet or griddle. As tortilla begins to heat, carefully peel off remaining sheet of waxed paper. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until tortilla is dry and light brown (tortilla should still be soft). Wrap tortillas in foil if using immediately. Makes twelve 6-inch tortillas.
- To freeze tortillas, stack them, alternating each tortilla with 2 layers of waxed paper. Wrap the stack in a moisture- and vapor-proof bag, foil, or freezer wrap. Seal tightly and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw completely before using.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 69,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- chol. (mg) 0,
- sat. fat (g) 0,
- carb. (g) 14,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet