Upload your photo here.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine tortilla flour and water. Stir mixture together with your hands until dough is firm but moist (if necessary, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time). Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Using a tortilla press or rolling pin, flatten each ball between 2 pieces of waxed paper into a 6-inch circle.
- Carefully peel off top sheet of waxed paper. Place tortilla, paper side up, on a medium-hot, ungreased skillet or griddle. As tortilla begins to heat, carefully peel off remaining sheet of waxed paper. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until tortilla is dry and light brown (tortilla should still be soft). Wrap tortillas in foil if using immediately. Makes twelve 6-inch tortillas.
From the Test Kitchen
To freeze tortillas, stack them, alternating each tortilla with 2 layers of waxed paper. Wrap the stack in a moisture- and vapor-proof bag, foil, or freezer wrap. Seal tightly and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw completely before using.
Nutrition Facts (Corn Tortillas)
- Per serving:
- 69 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 1 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet