cup yellow cornmeal
teaspoons baking powder
cup cooking oil or shortening, melted
- Grease a corn stick pan (or twelve 2-1/2 inch muffin cups); set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, milk, and cooking oil or melted shortening. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until batter is smooth. Spoon batter into the prepared pans, filling pans 2/3 full.
- Bake corn sticks in a 450 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown. Cool pan and repeat with remaining batter. (Or, bake muffins in a 425 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes.) Makes 24 to 26 cornsticks or 12 muffins.
Nutrition Facts(Corn Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 74 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 19 mg chol.,
- 100 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet