Upload your photo here.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, the salt, and ginger. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup of the flour mixture. Add baking powder and baking soda to remaining flour mixture; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk or sour milk and egg. Add to flour-soda mixture all at once; stir just until moistened. Spread batter into prepared pan. For topping, combine the reserved flour mixture, nuts, and the remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over batter in baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Ktichen Tip:
If you don't have buttermilk on hand, substitute sour milk in the same amount. For 1 cup sour milk, place 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1 cup total liquid; stir. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before using.
3-1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat.
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon Coffee Cake)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 40 mg chol.,
- 352 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet