- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1 pound loaf unsliced French bread
- 2 1 - 1 1/2 ounces milk chocolate bars
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 beaten eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup or sifted powdered sugar
1. Cut French bread into 12 slices, each approximately 1-1/2-inches thick. Cut a pocket in each slice of bread by starting from the bottom crust and cutting horizontally to, but not through, the top crust. Break candy bars into 12 pieces. Fill each bread pocket with 1 piece of candy and 1 rounded teaspoon of nuts.
2. Place graham cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl. Beat together eggs, milk, and cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip bread into egg mixture; letting bread remain in egg mixture about 15 seconds on each side. Then dip bread into the graham cracker crumbs, turning to lightly coat the other side of the bread. Place coated slice on a greased baking sheet. Repeat dipping remaining stuffed bread into egg mixture and graham cracker crumbs.
3. Bake in a 450 degree F oven about 6 minutes or until golden brown. Turn slices over and bake 5 minutes more. Serve warm stuffed toast topped with maple syrup or powdered sugar. Makes 12 slices.
- Place the baked slices in a freezer container; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. To serve, place the frozen stuffed bread slices in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Heat, uncovered, in a 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes or until the slices are hot.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 268,
- Fat, total (g) 9,
- chol. (mg) 145,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 34,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 11,
- vit. A (RE) 93,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 355,
- calcium (mg) 91,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet