- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 8 ounce can almond paste
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces special dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 8 ounce package (8) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350degreesF. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. In a medium bowl, cut almond paste into pieces. Add whipping cream to almond paste; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in chocolate.
2. Separate dough into eight triangles. Spoon almond paste mixture onto the shortest side of each dough triangle; spread slightly. Starting at the shortest side of each triangle and rolling to the opposite point, roll up dough around filling of each. Curve into crescent shapes and place, pointed sides down, on prepared baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, combine egg and the water. Brush crescents lightly with egg mixture. Sprinkle evenly with almonds.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Transfer croissants to a wire rack; cool slightly. Using a sifter or fine-mesh sieve, sift powdered sugar lightly over croissants. Serve warm. Makes 8 croissants.
- Prepare and bake as directed; cool completely. Place croissants in a single layer in an airtight container. Cover; seal. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If desired, reheat before serving. To reheat, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange croissants on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until warm.