tablespoon baking powder
tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
teaspoon baking soda
cup butter or margarine
cup buttermilk or sour fat-free milk
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
cup fresh or frozen blueberries
recipe Orange Powdered Sugar Icing
- Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, orange peel, salt, and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Stir together buttermilk, egg product, and vanilla; add to flour mixture all at once. Stir with a fork just until moistened. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead dough by folding and pressing gently for 12 to 15 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth. Pat dough into a 7-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Cut dough into 10 wedges.
- Bake in a 400 degrees oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from the baking sheet; let cool on a wire rack while preparing icing. Drizzle Orange Powdered Sugar Icing over tops of scones. Serve Warm.
Orange Powdered Sugar Icing
sifted powdered sugar
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
tablespoons orange juice
- In a small bowl, stir together sifted powdered sugar, finely shredded orange peel, and enough orange juice to reach drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts(Blueberry Scones)
- Per serving:
- 204 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 190 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet