- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a pan of twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. With pastry blender or two knives cut in butter and shortening until flour mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in green onions. Make a well in center; add buttermilk all at once. Toss with fork to moisten all ingredients.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface. Quickly knead 10 to 12 strokes until dough is nearly smooth. Divide dough in 36 walnut-size pieces; pat into balls. Place 3 balls in each muffin cup. Press 1 tomato in center of each; brush with oil.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool slightly on rack. Serve warm. To reheat, wrap in foil; warm in 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes 12 biscuits.
Nutrition Facts (Biscuit Blossoms)
- Per serving:
- 166 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 11 mg chol.,
- 233 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
pcskigal 886 Days Ago
Not sure why the low rating. I'm not a big biscuit cook so these were super easy, fun and quick to make. i didn't eat the tomatoes so you could leave them off. These are dense not flaky and perfect for soup and stew dipping.