0 did it
- Yields: about 15 doughnuts and doughnut holes
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
- Cook: 2 mins per batch
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; set aside. In another bowl combine milk and melted butter. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, and sugar; beat with electric mixer until thick (about 5 minutes). Add milk mixture; stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Add flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Cover dough; chill at least 2 hours (dough will remain slightly sticky).
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2-1/2-inch round cutter. Use a 1-1/4-inch cutter to cut the hole for the doughnut. (You can also use a standard doughnut cutter.)
- Fry 2 or 3 doughnuts at a time in deep hot fat (375 degrees F) for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until brown, turning halfway through cooking with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining doughnuts and doughnut holes. Makes about 15 doughnuts and doughnut holes
- Shake warm doughnuts in a bag with Cinnamon-Sugar or powdered sugar. Serve warm (or reheat each doughnut 8 to 10 seconds in microwave on high).
- Stir together sugar and ground cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts (Best Doughnuts)
- Per serving:
- 382 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- 290 mg chol.,
- 326 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet