Artisanal Bread Stuffing
- Place bread cubes and pine nuts in a large roasting pan. Toast in a 325 degrees F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until bread cubes are crisp and pine nuts are lightly browned, tossing once. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a 3-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add fennel and onion; cook about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the olives, thyme, and pepper. Transfer mixture to an extra-large bowl. Add bread cubes and pine nuts, tossing to combine. Add chicken stock, stirring until moistened.
- Spoon bread mixture into prepared casserole. Cover with foil. Chill up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Let stuffing stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake, covered, for about 1 hour or until heated through. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To serve right away:
Stuffing may be baked without chilling. Bake covered, for about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Artisanal Bread Stuffing)
- Per serving:
- 315 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 19 mg chol.,
- 802 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet