Apricot Breakfast Biscuits
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center.
- Snip any large pieces of preserves. Combine 1/2 cup milk and the preserves in a small bowl. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just until dough clings together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead by gently folding and pressing dough 10 to 12 strokes or until nearly smooth.
- Lightly roll or pat until 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter, dipping cutter into flour between cuts. Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over biscuits.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 10 biscuits.
From the Test Kitchen
Cool completely and place biscuits in freezer container or bags. To reheat for serving, wrap frozen biscuits in foil; heat in a 325 degree F oven about 20 minutes or until hot.
Nutrition Facts (Apricot Breakfast Biscuits)
- Per serving:
- 177 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 17 mg chol.,
- 233 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet