Brats with Cucumber-Blueberry Slaw
- In a large saucepan combine bratwurst and apple juice; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes, rearranging once until sausage reach 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Meanwhile, for Cucumber-Blueberry Slaw, in a medium bowl combine cabbage, cucumber, blueberries, and green onion. In a small bowl stir together buttermilk, mayonnaise, parsley, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add buttermilk mixture to cabbage mixture; toss gently to coat.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place bratwurst on grill rack directly over medium heat. Grill 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is browned, turning occasionally.
- Serve bratwurst in toasted buns. Top with slaw.
Nutrition Facts (Brats with Cucumber-Blueberry Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 442 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 61 mg chol.,
- 1005 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Jennifer Cavagnaro 1323 Days Ago
Delicious, different and quick!