- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 slices dry white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or maple-flavor syrup
- Blueberry-flavor, maple, or maple-flavor syrup
1. Place half of the bread cubes over the bottom of a well-buttered 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle cream cheese and blueberries over bread cubes. Arrange remaining bread cubes over blueberries.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs with a rotary beater; beat in milk and the 1/2 cup syrup. Carefully pour egg mixture over the bread mixture. Cover dish with plastic wrap and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and cover dish with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake about 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, and topping is puffed and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with blueberry-flavor or maple syrup.
- To dry bread slices, arrange bread in a single layer on a wire rack; cover loosely and let stand overnight. Or cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes; spread in a large baking pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 300 degrees F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry, stirring twice; cool.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 503,
- Fat, total (g) 30,
- chol. (mg) 386,
- carb. (g) 40,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 19,
- sodium (mg) 497,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet