Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastries
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
teaspoon lemon juice
cup fresh or frozen blueberries
cup blueberry preserves
17.3 ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets), thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed; set aside. In a small bowl stir together blueberries and blueberry preserves; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each sheet of the thawed puff pastry into a 10-inch square. Cut each square into six rectangles (each about 5x3 1/2 inches). Transfer rectangles to prepared baking sheets. Using a fork, prick the center of each rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch unpricked border around all the edges. In a small bowl beat egg and the water together with a fork. Brush rectangles with egg mixture. Spread a well-rounded tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of each rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top each with 2 rounded teaspoons of the blueberry mixture, spreading evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts(Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastries)
- Per serving:
- 316 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 36 mg chol.,
- 224 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet