Blueberry-Coconut Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9x5x3-inch or two 7 1/2x3 1/2x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Meanwhile, toss 1/2 cup of bluberries with 1 Tbsp. flour. Fold blueberries and walnuts into batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s). SprinkIe an additional 1/4 cup blueberries and Streusel-Nut Topping over batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes for the 9x5x3-inch pan or 45 to 55 minutes for the 7 1/2x3 1/2x2-inch pans or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center(s) comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking. Cool in pan(s) on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan(s). Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts.
Nutrition Facts (Blueberry-Coconut Banana Bread)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 23 mg chol.,
- 108 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet