Blueberry Bread Pudding with Blueberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread bread cubes in an ungreased 2-quart square baking dish. Gently stir in 1 cup blueberries, pecans, and coconut.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, granulated sugar, melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Press lightly with the back of a large spoon to moisten all of the ingredients.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until top is evenly puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 to 45 minutes. If desired, top with additional blueberries and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Serve warm with Blueberry Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
For dried bread cubes, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Spread cubes in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry, stirring twice; cool.
- In a blender combine blueberries and 2 tablespoons whipping cream. Cover and blend until blueberries are pureed. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing berries with a spoon to release their juices. Stir powdered sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla into strained mixture. Stir in enough additional whipping cream, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Blueberry Bread Pudding with Blueberry Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 379 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 67 mg chol.,
- 230 mg sodium,
- 55 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 39 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet