Blueberry, Beet, and Basil Summer Salad
- Cook beets in lightly salted boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Slip skins from beets. Slice or cut into wedges.
- Finely shred the peel of the lemon. Juice the lemon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine with blueberries, arugula, half of the basil leaves, torn, and the reserved lemon juice. Add fennel, onion, and remaining basil leaves. Toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, honey, parsley, crushed red pepper, and reserved lemon peel. Whisk in olive oil. Toss dressing with beet mixture.
Nutrition Facts (Blueberry, Beet, and Basil Summer Salad)
- Per serving:
- 129 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 104 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet