BLT Dessert Bites
We have transformed the BLT to the most delicious sandwich cookie. They are irresistible!
- Makes: 25 servings
- Serving Size: 1 appetizer
- Bake: 12 mins to 15 mins 325°
- Cook: 25 mins
- Prep: 45 mins
BLT Dessert Bites
Honey Shortbread Cookies
Sweet Tomato Jam
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Using a fork, stir in honey. Knead in bowl until dough begins to cling together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it for 4 to 6 strokes or just until dough holds together. If necessary, cover dough with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 1 1/2-inch round cutter, cut into circles. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased large cookie sheet. Reroll as needed. Brush tops of cookies with egg white. Place a microgreen atop half of the cookies; brush with egg white and sprinkle all the cookies with sugar in the raw.
- Bake for 12 to 15 or until edges are firm and tops are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- In a small saucepan combine tomatoes, sugar, and salt. Bring to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Serve or cover and chill up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Place bacon pieces in the pan. In a small bowl combine brown sugar and pecans. Sprinkle tops of bacon evenly with the pecan mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to paper towels; drain. When cool, cut each slice crosswise in 5 pieces.
- Spread tomato jam over a cookie. Top with fresh microgreens, a piece of candied bacon, and a second cookie with baked on microgreens.
Nutrition Facts (BLT Dessert Bites)
- Per serving:
- 145 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 17 mg chol.,
- 143 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet