Blood Orange-Vanilla Bean Jelly
- Pour orange juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a liquid measuring cup; discard pulp. Measure exactly 2 cups juice, adding water if necessary. Transfer the 2 cups juice to a 6- to 8-quart heavy pot. Pour lemon juice through the sieve into pot; discard pulp. Stir the 2/3 cup water and pectin into juice mixture.
- Split vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Using the tip of a paring knife, scrape out the tiny seeds. Add vanilla seeds to juice mixture, whisking to distribute seeds evenly.
- Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks. Makes 4 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts (Blood Orange-Vanilla Bean Jelly)
- Per serving:
- 61 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 2 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 14 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet