- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the ends of the pan. Grease foil; set pan aside. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, butter, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in marshmallows.* Spread dough evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until top is golden and edges are firm. Cool on a wire rack. Use the foil to lift uncut brownies out of the pan. Invert onto a cutting board; remove foil. Trim edges of uncut brownies to make a 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle into thirty-two 3x1-inch sticks. Cover and freeze about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Insert a lollipop stick or skewer into an end of each brownie stick and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Place cashews in a small shallow bowl. In a small saucepan heat and stir chocolate pieces over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Dip half of each brownie stick into melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into saucepan. Immediately sprinkle with cashews. Place on prepared baking sheet. Let stand about 1 hour or until set.
From the Test Kitchen
At this point, you can cover and chill the dough for up to 3 days. For easier spreading, bring to room temperature before using. Or transfer the dough to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature before using.
Layer blondie stix between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Blondie Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 32 mg chol.,
- 109 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 19 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet