Upload your photo here.
Black Bean and Root Vegetable Enchiladas
- In a medium saucepan combine tomatoes, the 1 cup salsa, ancho chile pepper, and cocoa powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally and mashing with the back of a spoon. Season to taste with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Stack tortillas; wrap tightly in foil. Bake about 10 minutes or until warm.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 2 minutes. Add root vegetables and cumin; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Stir in half of the tomato mixture, the beans, 3/4 cup of the cheese, and half of the cilantro.
- Divide bean mixture among warm tortillas; roll up tortillas. Arrange rolled tortillas, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining tomato mixture over enchiladas. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Drizzle with the 1/4 cup crema. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro. If desired, serve with additional salsa, crema, and/or cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 4. Cover baking dish with foil. Transfer the remaining tomato mixture to an airtight container; cover. Place the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the remaining cilantro in separate plastic bags; seal bags. Chill enchiladas, tomato mixture, cheese, cilantro, and crema for 2 to 24 hours.
To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spoon the remaining tomato mixture over enchiladas. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until heated through. Drizzle with the 1/4 cup crema. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro. If desired, serve with additional salsa, crema, and/or cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Black Bean and Root Vegetable Enchiladas )
- Per serving:
- 660 kcal cal.,
- 23 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 37 mg chol.,
- 2036 mg sodium,
- 91 g carb.,
- 10 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet